Title: Assistant Accountant
Reports to: Financial Controller
NSW Labor has an exciting opportunity for the right person to take on an important accounting and compliance role.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Raising invoices for various fundraising events according to event manager's requested & processing payment and union affiliation invoices.
- Recording membership fee payment & member's donation & merchandise purchase income/online shop.
- Reconciliation online donation & issuing receipts. Record online donation for other branches & pay back to the relevant campaign accounts.
- Recording raffle income and issue receipts to clients.
- Processing of supplier invoices, credit card payments and related documentation management.
- Assisting Sr. Accountant with:
- processing of receivables and bank reconciliation. Assisting with the collation of supporting documents for the admin funding, electoral funding and disclosure documents
- the general banking tasks and membership cash-up procedure
- reconciliations including general Ledger and balance Sheet
- preparation of FBT, GST and BAS returns and
- other ad hoc accounting duties to support the broader team
The successful candidate will have:
- basic accounting skills as a minimum and have a business Degree, with a major in Finance or Accounting.
- the ability to work within strict deadlines and reporting timelines.
- attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- some knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards.
- good computer software skills, including Excel (vlook ups and pivot tables) and Accounting packages. We use MYOB Advanced.
If you require any further information, please contact Glenn Bacic, Governance Director on 02 9207 2000.