Josh, a high school teacher, farmer and former abattoir labourer, has been a Dubbo local for nearly 40 years, and a Councillor on Dubbo Regional Council for the past 13 months. During his time on council, Josh has fought hard on the issue of road funding to maintain and repair the failing road network. Dissatisfaction with the inadequate amount of State government funding for road repairs is one of the reasons Josh put his hand up to run for state parliament.
Josh is a strong advocate for his community, and is passionate about reversing the neglect and crisis in services in our region, including:
Better education services - a genuine plan to fix the crisis in our school system. I want ours to be world-class again, with teachers being supported, and first-rate school facilities which lead to better student outcomes.
- Better access to health services – fix the crisis in healthcare by employing more nurses, midwives and paramedics to deliver safe staffing levels in public hospitals.
- Drivable roads - fixing the causes of underfunding, delays, vehicle damage and repair costs
- Housing – Labor has a comprehensive plan to address housing supply, help first home buyers, deliver a fairer deal for renters, and make regional housing more affordable.
- TAFE - guarantee minimum funding and rebuild TAFE.
- Public ownership of public assets - ending the privatisations that have caused cost of living increases. There is a clear choice at this election. If you want change, then vote for change.