Luke is the Leader of the Labor Party in NSW. Luke holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of New South Wales. He worked with the Guide Dog Association of New South Wales from 1988 to 1990. Luke was an Organiser and Secretary of the Australian Services Union of New South Wales. He has also worked as an Electorate Officer to Bruce Childs, Labor Senator for New South Wales.
Luke was Assistant General Secretary of the Australian Labor Party NSW Branch from 2003 to 2010.
Luke has been a member of the ALP since 1988. He is actively involved with several community organisations, such as:
- Member of the Summer Hill Seniors Cricket Club;
- Member of the Sydney Cricket Ground;
- Executive member of the Victor Trumper Society;
- Vice President of the Cormac McAnallens Gaelic Athletic Club;
- Member of the Friends of the Botanic Gardens;
- Member of the Australian Services Union;
- Member of the Australian Fabian Society; and
- Member of the Evatt Foundation.
Luke is married to Edel and has three children Aoife, Niamh and Patrick.
Leader of the Opposition
Shadow Minister for Western Sydney
Connect with Luke
Phone: (02) 9230 2310