Become a Member
Benefits of joining Labor
After joining Labor, your State or Territory Branch will send you an information kit and a membership card.
On joining you also receive automatic membership to your local branch. Branch meetings are a great place to discuss issues of public policy in a fun environment. It also offers you the opportunity to:
- Influence the policies of Labor in government;
- Have your ideas brought before the entire ALP;
- Participate actively in election campaigns;
- Meet other people with a commitment to social justice;
- Stand in pre-selection ballots as a candidate for public office;
- Meet ALP parliamentary representatives; and
- Find out the inside news on the labour movement and Labor in government.
You may also stand for positions on the branch executive, as a delegate to state and national conferences, and for various state and national committees, including policy committees.
Joining and More Information
The Party can only function effectively with the active involvement of people like you. Members of the ALP belong to the State or Territory Branch in which they live.
For more information about the obligations and rights of membership and joining procedures in your area, select the relevant link from the list below.