Barbara Perry was elected the Member for Auburn in a by-election held in 2001. Prior to entering Parliament, Barbara was a Legal Aid solicitor for 12 years and Councillor on Auburn Council for four years.
A mother of five young boys, Barbara has lived in the Auburn electorate her entire life. Her husband Michael is a local school teacher. Barbara is passionate about her local community and delivering better services for working families.
Barbara previously served as the Minister for Local Government, Minister Assisting the Minister for Health (Mental Health) and Minister for Juvenile Justice. Barbara has also held the portfolios of Juvenile Justice, Western Sydney and Assisting the Premier on Citizenship.
Barbara continues to deliver for her local community with initiatives including:
- $145 million redevelopment of Auburn Hospital -$7.5 million for purpose-built Lidcombe facility for people with spinal injuries;
- $15 million for Stage 1 development of Blaxland Common parklands at Sydney Olympic Park;
- More than $8 million in local education upgrades including multimillion dollar refurbishments at Lidcombe TAFE and Birrong Boys High School;
- $7.6 million to upgrade to Auburn Railway Station, including disabled access and general renovations;
- Two new emergency vehicles – a heavy Hazmat Vehicle for Greenacre Fire Station and a Class 3 Fire Engine for Bankstown Fire Station; and
- $4.5 million upgrade to the Sefton substation to boost electricity supplies.
The 2008/09 record $13.9 billion Budget delivered many benefits to the Auburn electorate including:
- $50.6 million allocated towards the Auburn Health Service redevelopment;
- $1.79 million upgrade on the Auburn Ambulance Station; and
- Almost $300,000 for key community based transport services for elderly, people with mobility issues and those disadvantaged geographically or socially.
- In the Robertson Labor Shadow Cabinet, Barbara is taking on the roles of Shadow Minister for Ageing, Shadow Minister for Mental Health, Shadow Minister for Heritage and Shadow Minister for Disability Services.
Member for Auburn
Shadow Minister for Ageing
Shadow Minister for Disability Services
Shadow Minister for Mental Health
Shadow Minister for Heritage
Connect with Barbara
Phone: (02) 9644 6972