NSW Labor has deep historic roots with the union movement. Both the Union Movement and NSW Labor believe in securing a better deal for working families. Today the Union Movement and the NSW Labor Party work collaboratively to ensure the best outcomes for the working families they represent.
Many Unions are affiliated to NSW Labor and send delegates to represent their union at the NSW Labor Annual Conference each year.
Are you a member of an affiliated union?
If you belong to one of the affiliated unions below you are entitled to a discounted membership. You can also be elected to represent your union at NSW Labor Annual Conference.
- Australian Institute of Marine and Power Engineers (AIMPE)
- Australian Manufacturing Workers Union (AMWU)
- Australian Services Union (ASU), Services Branch
- Australasian Meat Industries Employees Union (AMIEU), NSW Branch, Newcastle Branch
- Australian Workers Union (AWU), Glassworkers Union, Greater NSW Branch, Newcastle Branch,
- Port Kembla Branch
- Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union (CFMEU), Construction and General Division, Mining and Energy Divisions
- Communicty & Public Sector Union (CPSU)
- Communications, Electrical, Plumbing Union (CEPU), Postal and Telecommunications Branch, Telecommunications and Services Branch, Plumbers Division
- Electrical Trades Union (ETU)
- Finance Sector Union (FSU)
- Industrial Staff Union (ISU)
- Liquor, Hospitality and Miscellaneous Workers Union (LHMU), Liquor and Hospitality Division, Miscellaneous Workers Division
- Maritime Union of Australia (MUA), Central NSW Branch, Northern and Southern Branch
- Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance (MEAA)
- National Union of Workers (NUW)
- Rail, Train and Bus Union (RTBU)
- Shop, Distributive and Allied Employees Association (SDA), NSW Branch, Newcastle and Northern Branch
- Textile, Clothing and Footwear Union (TCFUA)
- Transport Workers Union (TWU)
- United Services Union (USU), NSW Local Government, Clerical, Administrative, Energy, Airline and Utilities Union
If you have any questions or would like some assistance please contact Membership Services on (02) 9207 2000.